Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Board Exam Looms

I take the NPTE in a couple of days, and I am not as confident as I would like to be.  I’ve learned a lot and taken four practice exams, but each exam throws out things I haven’t studied.  I guess they can’t cover every scenario in the big review book.  I just hope these practice exams have exposed me to enough to pass the real thing.

I’ve been a little surprised at myself all along for “going public” with my dream from the beginning.  Usually, if I have a goal and I don’t know if I can accomplish it, I keep it quiet as I work toward it, so that I won’t be embarrassed if I don’t succeed, or change my mind and decide not to go for it.  This time, though, as soon as I was seized by the notion of reviving my license and going to Haiti, I put it out there.  I’m not sure why, but I think it is because the idea seemed so fitting that I saw it as a foregone conclusion.  I also wanted to pressure myself to keep at it, in case my resolve wavered.  Plus, I am getting lots of support from all of you!

So, here I am at the brink of the Big Test.  Will I pass?  I think I will, but I might not.  I have no buffer zone, as my results so far are just passing.  And if I don’t pass?  I will be seriously bummed.  But I will carry on, because Haiti needs me anyway.  And I can try again.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog has left me so inspired! I like to think the Hammett women (GiGi, Lani, and yourself) are all wonder-woman in their own ways. You'll get to Haiti!

    Shona

    ReplyDelete